[Mesa-dev] Check the compilation problems in mesa-user

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Wed Jul 25 06:57:56 PDT 2012

On 07/23/2012 07:06 PM, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Hello. Would you please check the compilation
> problem posted at mesa-user?

Could you repost the issue here where more developers can see it?

> Several days passed and no software renderer.
> I rather would like to test the llvmpipe
> than fix the compiler...
>
> What is the status with OSMesa and llvmpipe?

OSMesa only works with the legacy swrast driver, not llvmpipe.  One
thing on my to-do list is to write a gallium state tracker to
implement OSMesa for gallium drivers.  But I don't know when I'll get
to that.

> How to compile Mesa so that gtkglext can be
> used with llvmpipe? What other choises than
> gtkglext? Is gtkglext up-to-date? I used it
> previously with Mesa 5.0 or the like.

I suspect that gtkglext uses the GLX interface so if you compile
llvmpipe normally you'll get a libGL.so with the GLX interface and
llvmpipe (and softpipe) driver(s).  It should work fine.

-Brian