[Mesa-dev] 761131ce4591e5f55f38d13f2c4d2194bc9cb0fd build regression with llvm 2.8

Will Schmidt will_schmidt at vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 26 11:15:22 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 10:31 -0700, Jose Fonseca wrote:
> [...]

Ok.  Between the explanation and the commit you mentioned above, it's
clearer now.  Thanks. :-)    Additional comment below.

> It could be made into a runtime choice if you prefer, ie., based of
> the availability of AVX. Or we could just disable MC-JIT altogether,
> and wait until it replaces the old jit upstream.

Per the "Help with PPC64 JIT" comments on llvm-dev last week, we are
currently working on MC-JIT, rather than oldJIT (This ultimately in
support of mesa/llvmpipe functionality on ppc64).   Some of the work is
occurring with fedora17 based sources, but most on Trunk/HEAD.  (so
HAVE_LLVM == 0x0302 ).

So would prefer some way to specify that MC-JIT be used.  A run-time (or
easy build-time configure option) choice would be nice.

Thanks,
-Will