[Mesa-dev] Support for EXT/ARB_geometry_shader4
galibert at pobox.com
Fri Jul 27 10:37:43 PDT 2012
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:40:28AM -0500, Bryan Cain wrote:
> https://github.com/Plombo/mesa/tree/geometry-shaders .
Quick remarks from a fast read:
- you missed draw_pipe_clip.c:clip_init_state, where you need to plug
in the gs info where appropriate. Should be easy. It will take
care of the interpolation-on-clipping issues you currently have even
if you don't know you have them :-)
- starting with 4.0 EmitVertex and EmitPrimitive are in fact
EmitStreamVertex(0) and EmitStreamPrimitive(0). It may be a good
idea to implement the stream version at the ir_* level, even if the
first implementation just ignores the parameter.
- all the is_*_shader boolean variables should probably be an integer
"shader type" variable, since there will be two more types to add for
- I'm not sure we want to use _ARB versions of constants when the
suffix-less versions exist and have the same value.
- cross_validate_outputs_to_inputs could use some kind of
const char *_mesa_get_shader_type_string(gl_shader *sh) from
somewhere like shaderapi.h. We'll need two more shader types soon.
I'll see how hard the intel gen4 supports looks to be, shouldn't be
that bad. Need to finish clipper first though.
More information about the mesa-dev