[Mesa-dev] automake continued

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Jun 13 10:30:53 PDT 2012

Here's a bunch more automake.  We're at the point that an enterprising
person could potentially convert libmesa.a if they figure out how to
work that into the gallium build.  I also haven't converted osmesa,
because I didn't think I knew of any tests for it (but wait, there's
mesa-demos).

One goal was to get to the point that I could have libdricore work
like we would expect in the presence of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Apparently,
though, we end up with rpaths when linking against it.  That has the
nice feature of not requiring LD_LIBRARY_PATH if you load the dri
driver using LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH, but it means that a libdricore
installed at the rpath takes precedence over LD_LIBRARY_PATH (unlike a
runpath).  Still, I think just having a name for the library per Mesa
release will dodge many of the issues people have had with libdricore.