[Mesa-dev] Comparison of llvmpipe with 2.9 and 3.1

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Mon Jun 25 03:26:22 PDT 2012

  Hi,

I've just finished two piglit runs of llvmpipe with glsl 1.40 and gl
3.1 forced on, one with LLVM 2.9, the other with 3.1.

The least we can say is that there aren't many differences.

- fp-indirections2, didn't have the patience to wait to see whether it
  would eventually stop.  Looks like something quadratic or worse in
  the LLVM optimizers.

- 17000-consecutive-chars-identifier, the memory corruption it creates
  behaved differently (probably due to the different glibc, it wasn't on
  the same box), causing a deadlock in malloc()

- texCombine fails on 3.1 only with:
Returncode: -5

Errors:
src/gallium/auxiliary/draw/draw_llvm.c:309:create_jit_vertex_header: Assertion `LLVMABISizeOfType(target, vertex_header) == __builtin_offsetof (struct vertex_header, data[data_elems])' failed.

Output:
GL_EXT_texture_env_combine verification test.
We only test a subset of all possible texture env combinations
because there's simply too many to exhaustively test them all.

So, in total, the story isn't bad.

Best,

  OG.