[Mesa-dev] [ANNOUNCE] apitrace 3.0

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:59:11 PDT 2012

(resend to include list, I only sent it to Jose by accident).

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM, José Fonseca <jose.r.fonseca at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are several new features in apitrace that deserve an announcement:

I had an idea for a "feature" the other day but no idea how sane or
useful it would actually be.

I thought about trying to integrate callgrind and apitrace somehow, so
we could instrument the CPU usage for a single frame of an
application.

I think we'd have to run the app under callgrind with instrumentation
disabled (still slow) then enable it for the single frame.

Just wondering if anyone else thinks its a good idea or know how to
implement it.

Dave.