[Mesa-dev] GLSL 1.40 progress: hooking up builtin functions

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Mar 12 18:08:13 PDT 2012

This is a continuation of the GLSL 1.40 work, which now gets the
newly-submitted textureSize(*2DRect) tests working, with a brief
detour to fix the GPU hangs due to the discard-exiting-the-shader
test.  I want to rework that test, actually, because in my first
attempt at fixing it I only exited the shader if all pixels were
discarded, which missed the point of the spec change (stop computing
for *any* pixel which is discarded).

Much work remains to be done with hooking up the other new
texture*(*2DRect) builtins, and of course *samplerBuffer.

Do we want to encode what we know is remaining to be done in
docs/GL3.txt?