[Mesa-dev] build error in mesa out-of-tree-builds with wayland support

Sven Joachim svenjoac at gmx.de
Wed May 2 11:09:13 PDT 2012

I'm seeing the following error when building Mesa git master out-of-tree
with wayland support:

,----
| Making all in dri2
| make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/deb-src/mesa/mesa/build/dri/src/egl/drivers/dri2'
|   CC     egl_dri2.lo
| In file included from egl_dri2.h:40:0,
|                  from egl_dri2.c:42:
| ../../../../../../src/egl/wayland/wayland-drm/wayland-drm.h:8:41: fatal error: wayland-drm-server-protocol.h: No such file or directory
| compilation terminated.
`----

Note that wayland-drm-server-protocol.h exists in the build tree but is
looked for in the source tree where it can't be found, so I suspect this
does not happen when you build in-tree.  Any ideas?

Googling for the error message gave me this eight weeks old link, so I
suspect the problem has been around for some time already:
http://pastebin.com/U0gGMxEh.

Cheers,
       Sven