[Mesa-dev] Loading and executing an R600 program

Miguel Ramos org.mesa3d at miguel.ramos.name
Wed May 16 03:36:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

This question is not related to mesa itself, so sorry to use your
mailing list, however, I know here someone will have the knowledge to
help me.
I'm trying to learn something about GPUs and would like to write some
assembly language.
The source code for mesa seems to be valuable documentation.

I see that the gallium/radeon driver has a lot of R600 ISA and also IL
code, I have been browsing through it for the past hours (only).
Somewhere, there will be something that sends this code to the GPU and
executes it, maybe through some DRM interface.

And that is what I want to do (load and execute an R600 ISA program),
but I couldn't find it yet.
If someone on this list can put me in the right direction, maybe
kindly point me to a specific source or header file, I would
appreciate very much.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Ramos