[Mesa-dev] OpenGL 3.0 with r600g (RV620 card)

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 04:34:01 PDT 2012

2012/5/21 Christoph Bumiller <e0425955 at student.tuwien.ac.at>:
> On 21.05.2012 12:27, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>> I'm trying to run Diablo III using wine git and Mesa git.
>>
>> Right now game doesn't start with the following message:
>>> Diablo 3 cannot run because this graphics card is missing required features. Updating your driver may fix this.
>> I wonder if enabling OpenGL 3.0 support will help with that. I've
>> configured Mesa with:
>> --prefix=/usr
>> --with-gallium-drivers=r600
>> --with-dri-drivers=
>> --enable-texture-float
>
> What about --enable-32-bit (and maybe adding -m32 to CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS) ?
>
>> However I get OpenGL 2.1 support only:
> That's because since recent patch mesa checks for multisampling support
> (as required by the spec) which r600g doesn't have yet.

Ah, OK, thanks for explanation.

> Try MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.0 and setting VideoMemorySize in the wine
> registry.

I tried this, however it didn't help. Eventually I recalled myself
about libtxc_dxtn. Installing libtxc_dxtn.so allowed Diablo III to
start! :)

I didn't have a chance to try gameplay yet, but will give it a chance later.

Actually installing libtxc_dxtn.so was enough, overriding OpenGL
version to 3.0 wasn't needed.

--
Rafał