[Mesa-dev] GL 3.1 on Radeon HD 4670?

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Thu Nov 1 11:35:51 PDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 10:11 AM, Patrick Baggett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a really weird duck of system: an Itanium2 system running Linux
> 3.7.0-rc3 with the newest libdrm and mesa git from yesterday. I
> configured it with --enable-texture-float and the radeon DRI driver.
> When I use glxinfo, I see that it is Mesa 9.1-devel but only OpenGL 3.0.
> Is that because my version glxinfo doesn't create the appropriate
> context? Is there an updated version of glxinfo that does? Or a flag
> that I should pass to only consider core contexts?

There isn't one, but it's something that we talked about doing.  I guess
nobody got the motivation to do it.  That may partially be because we
weren't sure how we wanted it to operate.  glxinfo already dumps quite a
pile of info.  Should we make it dump information for both core and
compatibility?  What about ES?  etc.