[Mesa-dev] GL_ARB_texture_query_lod

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Fri Nov 9 13:27:14 PST 2012

On 11/08/2012 10:06 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> In case anyone is interested I've implemented the GLSL and some
> gallium bits in a branch in my repo.
>
> I'm not really sure there is much point in pushing forward with this
> until we are bit closer to GLSL 4.00.
>
> The main problem is the spec uses the shader function textureQueryLOD,
> and GLSL 4.00 uses textureQueryLod
> and I doubt apps if they use this will bother with the pre-GLSL 4.00 version.

Uh... that has to be a typo in one of the specs.  What do other
implementations actually do?

I'm pretty sure this was a "backport" extension that makes core
functionality available as extension for older core versions.  In all of
those extensions, the extension is supposed to be identical to the
core... any deviations are bugs in the extension.