[Mesa-dev] Piglit test for 972e995b1 (ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex)?

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Oct 10 16:54:47 PDT 2012

Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I notice that Mesa's 972e995b1 commit has disabled some code since
> 2009. I re-enabled it and didn't see any changes in piglit results.
> Should this still be disabled, and if so could you write a piglit test
> or give enough information for me to do it?
>
> ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex doesn't seem to be in good shape on
> i965. draw-elements-base-vertex-neg-user_varrays crashes, and
> draw-elements-base-vertex-user_varrays and
> draw-elements-instanced-base-vertex-user_varrays fail.

The summary of these failures is:

When using base_vertex, we need to load non-vbo vertex data from
min_index/max_index offset by basevertex.  I've got a branch to do so,
except that neg-user_varrays still fails due to what I think is overflow
issues in my pointer math.

(This is an extension it would have been very nice to not introduce in
legacy GL)