[Mesa-dev] OSMesa broken on ubuntu with version 9 push?

Rafi Witten rafi at bitbod.com
Fri Oct 19 13:29:04 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

First time posting so I'm probably just doing something stupid!

I am using the libosmesa6 package on Ubuntu and it seems like the
recent update to 9.0-0ubuntu1 from 8.0.4-0ubuntu0.1 broke my compile.
After the update my project couldn't link - g++ couldn't find any of
the gl-prefixed functions (glBegin, etc). Some debugging showed

readelf --symbols /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libOSMesa.so

seemed to be missing the necessary functions, so I reverted to
8.0.4-0ubuntu0.1. My compile was fixed and readelf showed the
appropriate functions.

I'm not sure whats wrong but I thought I'd just let you guys know. (I
can obviously just compile from source to stay on top of the latest
changes but I thought it'd be nice to have that managed
automagically).

Best,
Rafi