[Mesa-dev] tgsi tex instruction + cube map arrays.

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 00:39:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

so I've been working on ARB_texture_cube_map_array, and it requires
that sometimes TEX takes an extra src, since for sampler compare
values there isn't enough space in one src, so we need to add another.

Now I've done a special case in the GLSL->TGSI emitter
else if (sampler_type->sampler_dimensionality == GLSL_SAMPLER_DIM_CUBE &&
              sampler_type->sampler_array) {
      inst = emit(ir, opcode, result_dst, coord, cube_sc);
   }

However this run into an assert in the later tgsi_ureg.c:validate
where the nr_src != info->num_src.

So are people okay with always making the TEX opcode take 3 src? or
should I fix validate to work around the special case?

Dave.