[Mesa-dev] [git pull] 9.0 fixes

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Sep 12 23:48:26 PDT 2012

On Mit, 2012-09-12 at 22:45 +0200, Andreas Boll wrote:

> I think we should probably cherry-pick almost all of the radeonsi
> fixes from master, because it's a pretty new experimental driver which
> was introduced during 9.0 development cycle.
> Shouldn't we?

We probably should at some point, but I'm not sure it's quite time yet,
as some rather basic functionality is still missing / broken. In
particular, we should probably wait until it can handle the (not so
basic) glamor 2D acceleration shaders before worrying about backporting
stuff.

That said, radeonsi is running a fair number of non-trivial apps now and
should be ready for wider testing from the mesa and libdrm master
branches. Until 2D acceleration works, running fullscreen with page
flipping is required for good performance.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com