[Mesa-dev] new i965g pipe driver for Intel GEN6 (and later)

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:58:56 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Chia-I Wu <olvaffe at gmail.com> wrote:
> If there is no objection, I'd like to merge it in a day or two.

My only objection is over adding a driver that is explicitly a toy,
the confusion it will cause users, and the developer time it will
waste. It wasn't uncommon for a user to waste a nontrivial amount of
someone's time in #intel-gfx only to discover that they were trying to
use the (old) i965g driver that no one maintained.

I think everything Marek said was correct. If you could extend Gallium
to consume GLSL IR it might actually be an interesting project.