[Mesa-dev] r600g: status of the r600-sb branch

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Fri Apr 19 09:35:17 PDT 2013

Hey Vadim,

Am 19.04.2013 18:18, schrieb Vadim Girlin:
> [SNIP]
>
> In theory, yes, some optimizations in this branch are typically used
> on the earlier compilation stages, not on the target machine code. On
> the other hand, there are some differences that might make it harder,
> e.g. many algorithms require SSA form, and though it's possible to do
> similar optimizations without SSA, it would be hard to implement. Also
> I wanted to support both default backend and llvm backend for
> increased testing coverage and to be able to compare the efficiency of
> the algorithms in my experiments etc.

Yeah I know, missing an SSA implementation is also something that always
bothered me a bit with both TGSI and GLSL (while I haven't done much
with GLSL, so maybe I misjudge here).

Can you name the different algorithms used?

It's not a strict prerequisite, but I think we both agree that doing
things like LICM on R600 bytecode isn't the best idea over all (when
doing it on GLSL would be beneficial for all drivers not only r600).

Regards,
Christian.