[Mesa-dev] Google summer code

yew chong Ng ngyewchong at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 01:13:37 PDT 2013

Dear Mr Ian Romanick,

I am a third year undergraduate from National University of Singapore,
School of Computing. I am interested in this year Google Summer Program. As
this is my first time applying and also my first time seeing most of the
accepted organisations for this year program. After much browsing through,
I handpicked a few projects which I think I might be able to do. To be
honest, as this is my first time applying, so the two main reasons I am
interested in X.org's project idea because I saw the difficulty level of
the project idea: Improved application of GLSL complier optimizations. and
also the part stating X.org treats GSoC as an opportunity to teach new
developers.

Some brief summary of my software skills: I learnt C++ and Java. I more
confident with media softwares such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,
Premiere Pro, Aftereffects, Maya, Blender and Unity.

I would like to know more the details and chances of me getting selected
for the project. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Yew Chong