[Mesa-dev] Patches: R600: Improve load / store support for 8-bit and 16-bit types

Aaron Watry awatry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 07:01:00 PDT 2013

I've finished running comparison tests on Cayman/Pitcairn.  The
descriptors series and 8/16-bit load/store support series both look
like they're in good condition for the cards I was able to test: Cedar
(5400), A6-3500 Llano and Pitcairn (7850).  No regressions spotted,
just improvements.

And as you said, the descriptors series fixed compute hangs for the
7850 on quite a few kernels which did comparison operations (max/clamp
kernels mostly, maybe some min).

You can definitely get a tested-by for both the descriptors series and this:
Tested-by: Aaron Watry <awatry at gmail.com

Quite a few of the tablegen changes are still a bit above my head, so
I don't feel qualified to give a comprehensive review on that.

--Aaron