[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Consolidate the remaining source files to Makefile.sources

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:04:18 PDT 2013

Hello list

Feeling inspired by the automake work done in mesa, I felt like
finishing a few things that did not receive too much attention
 * use Makefile.sources wherever possible
 * cleanup the duplicated C{,PP,XX}FLAGS and factor out the the common
ones into Automake.inc

If anyone is interested I have pushed my preliminary work to the
makefile.sources branch at https://github.com/evelikov/Mesa/

Currently I have gone through the following:
 gallium/drivers
 gallium/state_trackers/dri/drm
 gallium/state_trackers/dri/sw
 gallium/state_trackers/vega
 gallium/state_trackers/xorg

Producing the following diff stat:

Pros:
* patches such as "gallium/dri-targets: hide all symbols except for
__driDriverExtensions" will be brought down to changing only with 2-3 lines
* one less chance of breaking builds when someone forgets to update the
SCons/Makefile.am/etc build, after adding/removing a file

Cons:
* Non nouveau changes will be only(lacking any other the hardware atm).
Note that I will check the symbols for all drivers, to ensure that I do
not cause chaos.

Curious if anyone is interested and have any comments on this.
Note: there may be some git rebase fails as I've started this ~3months ago

Cheers
Emil