[Mesa-dev] Direct3D 9 state tracker [amended]

Carlo Marchiori carlo.marchiori at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 03:54:25 PDT 2013

Hello,

one day I bought Mass Effect 3, but currently I'm not really able to play
it on my Linux laptop featuring

3.0 Mesa 9.1.4.
Gallium 0.4 on AMD CEDAR

I tried the fglrx driver, but it gives more problems than it solves (yet
the fps is there).
With the radeon driver I manage to get to an ALMOST decent frame rate,
meaning that is barely playable.

In conclusion I would like to try this new D3D9, but would somebody
be so kind to drop me 10 lines as a guideline to do it?

Plese consider that Mass Effect 3 appear to run only on
wine 5.8 i386 (my laptop is 64 bit), so I should patch that very version.

Thanks in advance,
Carlo