[Mesa-dev] gallium endianness and hw drivers

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Dec 25 16:32:12 PST 2013

On Mit, 2013-12-25 at 15:57 +0100, Marek Olšák wrote:
> Some comments about the r300g patch.
>
> The hardware doesn't support Axxx texture formats for blending and
> alpha-test. Only xxxA formats are supported.

I know, the idea is to only actually use the Axxx layout for transfers
but to use xxxA for actual rendering. But I guess that could break in
other ways...

So, do you think the way to go is to handle this explicitly in the state
trackers?

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer