[Mesa-dev] glxinfo proposed change

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:34:00 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Jorge Ramirez Ortiz,  HCL Europe
<Jorge.Ramirez-Ortiz at hcl.com> wrote:
> You are absolutely wrong. NULL is a valid return value. Please read the code.

I'm not sure if you missed Ian's point or you're just being pedantic,
but let me try to explain. The glxinfo code does this:

if (glXMakeCurrent(dpy, win, ctx)) {
    const char *glVersion = (const char *) glGetString(GL_VERSION);

For glGetString(GL_VERSION) to be called, you have a context. So,
you've got a context and you're supplying a proper argument. It cannot
return NULL. As a result, glxinfo does not need to check for NULL.