[Mesa-dev] RFC: help on llvmpipe

Adhemerval Zanella azanella at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Jan 11 05:53:00 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to make llvmpipe work correctly on PowerPC64. The llvm MCJIT backend
works pretty well now, so now I'm focused on the llvmpipe code. I already sent a few
patches to address the existing testcases (lp_test_arit, lp_test_blend, lp_test_conv,
lp_test_format, lp_test_printf). However I found out that the lp_test_format
is not coded right to take care of the endianess of the architecture, so I had to
revert some changes of my two of my patches that do byte-swap in some format handling
(the byte-swap in lp_bld_format_aos_array.c and lp_bld_format_aos.c). I'll work on
patch to revert the patch and fix the testcase.

Now trying some piglit examples and the glxgears and now I can actually see objects being
printed on the screen, however with wrong colors. I'm trying to track down where exactly
it might the place where the colors are being mixed up, but my lack of experience with
this projects is slowing my progress.

I'm using a very simple testcase from piglit (drawpix-z) and where it expects to be
a green rectangle (0,1,0) I'm getting a purple one (1,0,1). May anyone help me by
advising where exactly in llvmpipe the colors are being calculated or stored?

Thanks in advance.