[Mesa-dev] Regading OpenGLES2 on Linux

Ramesh Reddy Emmadi Ramesh_Emmadi at infosys.com
Thu Jan 31 01:29:30 PST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. We are working with mesa-8.0.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 and compiling the mesa with following options(hardware rendering enabled) and found that there is no Winsys is enabled for "radeon/drm" and it has only "SW" winsys.  After this we took mesa-9.0.1 and configured and found radeon/drm is enabled, but compilation is not successful with the error attached. Our intention is compile mesa with opengles2 only with gallium driver(R600) and run es2 demo program which are in mesa-demos.

Mesa-8.0.4 :

root at amd-desktop:/home/amd/Downloads/testtrails/mesa-mesa-8.0.4#

./configure --prefix=/opt/xorg2  --enable-shared-glapi --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-gles2 --enable-debug --disable-opengl

        prefix:          /opt/xorg2

        exec_prefix:     ${prefix}

        libdir:          ${exec_prefix}/lib

        includedir:      ${prefix}/include

        OpenGL:          no (ES1: no ES2: yes)

        OpenVG:          no

        OSMesa:          no

        GLX:             no

        GLU:             no

        EGL:             yes

        EGL platforms:   x11

        EGL drivers:

        llvm:            no

        Gallium:         yes

        Gallium dirs:    auxiliary drivers state_trackers

        Target dirs:

        Winsys dirs:     sw

        Driver dirs:     galahad identity noop r600 rbug trace

        Trackers dirs:

        Shared libs:     yes

        Static libs:     no

        CFLAGS:          -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -std=c99 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp -g -fPIC

        CXXFLAGS:        -g -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp -g -fPIC

        Macros:          -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPTHREADS -DDEBUG -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN -DHAVE_MINCORE -DHAVE_LIBUDEV -DUSE_X86_ASM -DUSE_MMX_ASM -DUSE_3DNOW_ASM -DUSE_SSE_ASM

        PYTHON2:         python2

        Run 'make' to build Mesa

Mesa-9.0.1:

root at amd-desktop:/home/amd/Downloads/testtrails/mesa-mesa-9.0.1#

./configure --prefix=/opt/xorg2  --enable-shared-glapi --with-gallium-drivers=r600 --enable-gles2 --enable-debug --disable-opengl

       prefix:          /opt/xorg2

        exec_prefix:     ${prefix}

        libdir:          ${exec_prefix}/lib

        includedir:      ${prefix}/include

        OpenGL:          no (ES1: no ES2: yes)

        OpenVG:          no

        OSMesa:          no

        DRI drivers:     no

        DRI driver dir:  ${libdir}/dri

        GLX:             DRI-based

        EGL:             yes

        EGL platforms:   x11

        EGL drivers:     builtin:egl_glx builtin:egl_dri2

        llvm:            no

        Gallium:         yes

        Gallium dirs:    auxiliary drivers state_trackers

        Target dirs:     dri-r600

        Winsys dirs:     radeon/drm sw sw/dri

        Driver dirs:     galahad identity noop r600 rbug trace

        Trackers dirs:   dri

        Shared libs:     yes

        Static libs:     no

        Shared-glapi:    yes

        CFLAGS:          -g -O2 -Wall -std=c99 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=missing-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp -g -fPIC

        CXXFLAGS:        -g -O2 -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp -g -fPIC

        Macros:          -D_GNU_SOURCE -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DDEBUG -DUSE_X86_ASM -DUSE_MMX_ASM -DUSE_3DNOW_ASM -DUSE_SSE_ASM -DHAVE_DLOPEN -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN -DIN_DRI_DRIVER -DUSE_XCB -DGLX_INDIRECT_RENDERING -DGLX_DIRECT_RENDERING -DUSE_EXTERNAL_DXTN_LIB=1 -DIN_DRI_DRIVER -DHAVE_ALIAS -DHAVE_MINCORE -DHAVE_LIBUDEV

        PYTHON2:         python2

        Run 'make' to build Mesa

Compilation error in mesa-9.0.1:

Making all in .

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/amd/Downloads/testtrails/mesa-mesa-9.0.1/src/mesa'

  CC     api_arrayelt.lo

  CC     api_exec.lo

../../src/mesa/main/api_exec.c: In function '_mesa_create_exec_table':

../../src/mesa/main/api_exec.c:132:4: warning: passing argument 1 of '_mesa_loopback_init_api_table' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]

../../src/mesa/main/api_loopback.h:44:1: note: expected 'struct _glapi_table *' but argument is of type 'struct gl_context *'

../../src/mesa/main/api_exec.c:132:4: error: too many arguments to function '_mesa_loopback_init_api_table'

../../src/mesa/main/api_loopback.h:44:1: note: declared here

../../src/mesa/main/api_exec.c:525:40: error: '_mesa_GetVertexAttribPointervNV' undeclared (first use in this function)

../../src/mesa/main/api_exec.c:525:40: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

make[4]: *** [api_exec.lo] Error 1

Can you please let us know whether  we can build the mesa for only opengles2 without opengl ? (--disable-opengles2 and –disable-opengl),  and if it is how to build mesa for opengles2 only. And I have looked at  : http://mesa3d.org/opengles.html and in this they mentioned –enable-opengles2 and –enable-opengles2 for Gallium driver hardware. To work with gallium driver is it required both opengles1 and opengles2?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh