[Mesa-dev] [RFC] Mesa 9.2 and release process changes

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jul 12 17:19:04 PDT 2013

Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> writes:
> Carl, it would be good if you could put all the above info in Mesa
> docs/.  The devinfo.html page mentions the "This is a candidate for the
> stable branches" convention, etc.  The docs/lists.html file describes
> all the mailing lists.  And so on.

Great idea. Thanks for pointing me to where this documentation should
live. I'll have a patch soon which incorporates all the feedback from
this thread, (along with some ideas culled from the kernel guidelines as
recommended).

Meanwhile, what's the correct process for updating the website itself? I
notice that www.mesa3d.org/devinfo.html page on the web currently talks
about pushing tar files out to sourceforge.net and copying files to
/home/users/b/br/brianp/mesa-www/htdocs/ . Are those instructions still
current?

Do I have permission to do those steps? (I'm quite certain I don't'
even have a sourceforge account.)

I also notice that mesa3d.org/index.html hasn't been updated for new
releases since 9.1.2 on April 30.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com