[Mesa-dev] OSMesa Help

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Tue Jul 16 06:20:57 PDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 05:38 PM, Andy Li wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thank you so much for your time and help along, up to this point, the
> code make much more sense to me.
> However, I have a few more questions here, hope that you will be able to
> help me out.
>
>   I am wondering
>
> Where the aa_general_rgba_line() and aa_rgba_line() functions defined?

In s_aaline.c, see:

#define NAME(x) aa_rgba_##x
#define DO_Z
#include "s_aalinetemp.h"

#define NAME(x)  aa_general_rgba_##x
#define DO_Z
#define DO_ATTRIBS
#include "s_aalinetemp.h"

the NAME macro is used by the template code in the .h file to name the
functions.

> When and where the functions in s_aalinetemp.h and s_aaline.c are
> called/used?

Called via swrast->Line().  You could run an AA line test program in
gdb, set a breakpoint on aa_rgba_line() and look at the stack trace.

> Are the draw_line, draw_triangle, draw_point functions in OSMesa some
> how connected with src/mesa/main/line.c or point.c?

Not really.  The later files just set state related to those prims.

> Is it possible to take out some required functions for example
> aa_rgba_line(), gl_context, etc. and compile it on my system so that I
> can draw a line into the framebuffer? (Or since there are too many
> functions linked together, you would not recommend me to do that?)

I don't think that's feasible.

-Brian