[Mesa-dev] OSMesa Driver Changed With OS Update

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Wed Jul 17 14:10:52 PDT 2013

I build Mesa with OSMesa from git source for testing VTK on two hosts with:

./autogen.sh \
  --prefix=/home/kevin/mesa_nightly \
  --enable-glx \
  --enable-dri \
  --enable-shared-glapi \
  --enable-gallium-llvm \
  --with-gallium-drivers=nouveau,swrast \
  --enable-osmesa

When I used Fedora 17 OSMesa used :

GL_RENDERER: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.0, 128 bits)

I updated the OS on each host to Fedora 18 on different days.

After the update each host reverted to using the old OSMesa driver:

GL_RENDERER: Mesa OffScreen

I used to be able to change the driver by setting GALLIUM_DRIVER and I
can't do that anymore.

Can anybody give me a clue as to what's going on?