[Mesa-dev] [v6 2/9] intel: do not create renderbuffers out of planar images

Rob Clark rob.clark at linaro.org
Mon Jun 3 07:12:45 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM, Chad Versace
<chad.versace at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> I'll say it again: I think we should prevent creation of 2D texture targets
> from dma_buf images, and permit only creation of external textures.

yeah, I think the intention was only external textures..  I can't
think of any use case where we need to create a full blown texture
from dmabuf.  I guess probably the better route if you needed to do
this would be to have some other extension to export to dmabuf from a
non-external eglImage.

BR,
-R