[Mesa-dev] [Bug 65513] New: In TGSI module, replace string arrays with functions

bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org
Fri Jun 7 08:41:16 PDT 2013


          Priority: medium
            Bug ID: 65513
          Assignee: mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org
           Summary: In TGSI module, replace string arrays with functions
          Severity: trivial
    Classification: Unclassified
                OS: All
          Reporter: brianp at vmware.com
          Hardware: Other
            Status: NEW
           Version: git
         Component: Mesa core
           Product: Mesa

This is another relatively simple code clean-up project.

In the tgsi_string.[ch] files we have arrays such as tgsi_semantic_names[] and
tgsi_texture_names[] which are used to map TGSI enums to strings.  In the .c
file we have static assertions to check that the number of strings in the array
matches the TGSI_x_COUNT values.  But the assertions are useless since the
arrays are explicitly dimensioned.  The point of the assertions is to make sure
that when we add a new TGSI enum that we also update the array of strings used
for TGSI parsing/printing.

In commit 14541dacab218cbe82310d999d44130ebc3f6526 we replaced the
tgsi_file_names[] array with a new tgsi_file_name() function.  The static
assertion now works properly, and it's probably a better solution anyway.  This
task is to do the same transformation for the other string arrays.

Please do one patch for each array->function transformation.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/attachments/20130607/984c34a7/attachment.html>

More information about the mesa-dev mailing list