[Mesa-dev] i965 Gen4/5: Garbage rendering when gl_BackColor is written but gl_FrontColor is not

Paul Berry stereotype441 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 17:11:12 PDT 2013

On 9 June 2013 14:49, Chris Forbes <chrisf at ijw.co.nz> wrote:

> I think I'd prefer to have the VS enable the other slot, and write a
> constant (black or white?) into it.
> Copying from one to the other in two-sided mode reduces the value of
> the tests too much for my liking.

That sounds reasonable to me.  I have no preference as to what gets written
into the other slot, since it's undefined by the spec what should happen.
 I'd even be ok with just enabling the slot and not doing the
assignment--that will make the slot contain garbage, of course, but that
would fulfill the spec too.