[Mesa-dev] glxgears is faster but 3D render is so slow

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 04:39:35 PDT 2013

Thanks Brian and Matt.

On 3/15/13, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:29 AM, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, I guess autoconf still has some unneeded dependencies on DRI when
>> it's
>> not needed.  You might try adding --with-gallium-drivers=swrast so that
>> no
>> DRI drivers are selected.
>
> Don't think so. He's just not setting --with-gallium-drivers= so he
> gets a radeon driver by default.

I did try to setup --with-gallium-drivers=llvm, it was an error, the
gallium drivers does not have llvm. I now changed to
--with-gallium-drivers=swrast. Matt is right, I don't need libdrm
anymore.

What is the correct llvm for --with-gallium-drivers? I also seen that
dri-core were also built, that could cause the problems.

The package built on CentOS 6.2 32-bit machine now included
lib/gallium, but the libGL.so and libGL.so.1 did not link to
lib/gallium/libGL.so.1.5.0. After manually linking the lib/libGL.so
and libGL.so.1 to lib/gallium/libGL.so.1.5.0, although the glxinfo
OpenGL rendering string is now pointing to the  llvmpipe, but it seems
broken the xlib driver. It stopped running my 3D application via VNC
connection. Does the LLVMPIPE use any DRI? Or is it still xlib driver?
As the VNC can only use xlib, anything bypass the xlib will break the
VNC connection.

Thank you.

Kind regards.

Jupiter