[Mesa-dev] Google Summer of Code ideas needed

Vincent Lejeune vljn at ovi.com
Fri Mar 15 08:14:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

If LLVM backend development is allowed, maybe a student could work on improving VLIW5 scheduling for R600 hardware.
So far I focused on VLIW4 architecture, but extending the scheduler to support Trans ALU wouldn't be too hard.
This would require a way to represent Trans slot compatibility for instruction in R600Instructions.td, check for

additionnal constants read/literals limitation on this slot, and modifying a couple of functions inside R600MachineScheduler.cpp.
This may look like a short task but the student would also need some time to get used to all the tools we use, like piglit, and to

understand llvm codebase.