[Mesa-dev] [RFC] preparation for qxl sw wrapper driver

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 04:21:26 PDT 2013

> I have no particular objection with the above in principle, as this seems a perfectly valid use of llvmpipe.
>
> I just have some remarks on implementation details done separately.
>

> For my curiosity sake, how much these changes matter in practice? (For example, what is the % effect of gloss FPS in normal window and fullscreen?)

Well its all about reducing guest CPU usage to increase density, and I
haven't done a massive test yet, other than glxgears -fullscreen
inside a VM went from 90FPS to 135FPS, so I expect a CPU usage drop
for texture from pixmap will be quite decent as well though I don't
have a good benchmark for it.

Dave.