[Mesa-dev] glxgears is faster but 3D render is so slow

jupiter jupiter.hce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 03:07:40 PDT 2013

Hi Brian,

On 3/19/13, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:
>> It is fair to say, if running llvm driver in my local machine (a
>> 32-bit CentOS 6.2 without VNC connection), it was indeed faster than
>> the xlib driver.
>>
>> Seems to me that the llvm driver broken the xlib VNC connection which
>> could be caused by either I haven't configure the llvm correctly, or
>> mesa llvm compile process may have bugs.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by "llvm driver broken the xlib VNC
> connection".

I have tested llvm driver in two platforms:

(1) A local computer running on CentOS 6.2 which does not have
hardware acceleration, but I can directly access it. The llvm driver
is indeed much faster than the swrast, I could run an  application
with 3D structure rotation.

(2) A virtual machine running on CentOS 6.2, I have to access it via
VNC. I was not able to run the 3D application, the graphic jerky and
could not respond. If I changed to run swrast, the 3D application
graphic could be run much smoothly and response was normal, but the 3D
rotation was stopped because it was too slower to rotate the 3D
structure.

That was what I mean the llvm broken the xlib VNC connection. Have you
tested the llvm driver in VNC connection?

>> (2) Compile llvm driver
>>
>> LLVM="/usr/local/libllvm/3.2"
>>
>> ${SOURCE}/${CONFIGURE} --prefix=${INSTALL} --enable-xlib-glx
>> --disable-dri --enable-gallium-llvm --with-gallium-drivers=swrast
>> --with-llvm-shared-libs=${LLVM}/lib --with-llvm-prefix=${LLVM}
>>
>> Manually change libGL.so and libGL.so.1 to link
>> lib/gallium/libGL.so.1.5.0.
>
> Looks OK to me.

One more question, how can I build llvm without manually changing the
libGL.so link? Was I missing something in my compilation? Or is there
any issue in mesa build and installation process?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Jupiter