[Mesa-dev] Haiku using the Wayland state_tracker?

Alexander von Gluck IV kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Tue Mar 26 14:47:15 PDT 2013

I've been hitting several brick walls working on the Haiku GL stuff.
(mostly due to things being too complex for the time I have available)

Given all the recent publicity for Wayland, I decided to look into the
wl_shm stuff.  From my point of view wl_shm looks *extremely* simple.

Does anyone see any reason *not* to use the wayland state_tracker for
Haiku's GL rendering? The only possible down side I see is using EGL vs
OpenGL. (I admit I don't fully understand the pros and cons of EGL)

  -- Alex