[Mesa-dev] r600 sb test results

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Fri May 3 04:21:24 PDT 2013

On Fri, 03 May 2013 01:27:27 +0400
Vadim Girlin <vadimgirlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm almost sure that the same issue that you have with glxgears affects
> your app too, so you might want to wait until we resolve the problem
> with gears, possibly this will solve other rendering issues as well.

> By the way, I won't be very surprised if some old gcc release simply
> fails at handling bitfields which are used to store both the keys of
> shader variants in r600g and bytecode data in r600-sb (the same data
> that ends up being broken in your glxgears dump), IIRC there were
> bitfields-related bugs.

It's not a bug, but undefined behavior AFAIK. I sent a patch that fixes
the constant rebuilds (r600g: Correctly initialize the shader key).

With these currently pending patches applied, I get no more visual
distortion, and the fps improves a bit (28 -> 32).

Just in case it'd be useful to you, here's the current sb,vs,ps output:
http://bayfiles.net/file/PnH3/9BRcGY/foo_shaders.gz

- Lauri