[Mesa-dev] i965: Haswell has been broken for over 5 days

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Tue May 7 16:40:43 PDT 2013

>>> Haswell has been broken on master for a surprisingly long time, since
>>> commit
>>> 1dfea559c3 (Thu May 2 11:27:37 2013 -0700). Reverting that commit fixed
>>> it
>>> for me.
>>>
>>> If it doesn't get properly fixed by the 7th day, I'd like to see the
>>> guilty
>>> patch reverted. A full week is too long for a platform under active
>>> development
>>> to be down.
>>

>> Well, it was broken for 2 working days before I caught the bug myself
>> and posted a patch, which got (negative) review feedback at midnight.
>> QA caught the bug shortly after I posted the patch.  I think you have
>> unreasonable expectations of turnaround time here for something that
>> wasn't even bisected and reported.
>

> I admit I may have an unreasonable expectation here sourced in frustration.
> The frustration, though, isn't a good excuse to be unreasonable.

Also HSW isn't hw the rest of the world has to worry about, whereas
SNB being broken for 3D at startup on every distro matters more. It
might not matter in your reporting and bonus structure but it sure as
hell matters to users :-)

Dave.