[Mesa-dev] non x11/xlib based EGL and software only renderer

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue May 7 23:25:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013 00:04:49 +0530
Divick Kishore <divick.kishore at gmail.com> wrote:

> What exactly is a null platform? Also could you please point me to the
> directory and potential starting points to support window as pbuffers?
> Modifying apps is a complete no no.

What are you actually trying to do?

Aren't your applications written to use a specific window system? If
so, they will pass window system specific data to EGL functions, and the
EGL platform in use must match that, so you cannot use a null
platform. If your app was written for X11, you simply must use the X11
platform in EGL, for example.

Also, where do you intend the rendering to end up? Are your
applications reading it back themselves? Or do you want it discarded? I
don't think the null platform will put the rendering result available
anywhere, unless the application itself reads it back.

Not modifying apps seems to conflict your goals, without knowing what
you really want to do.

Thanks,
pq