[Mesa-dev] r600g missing Bump mapping

Vadim Girlin vadimgirlin at gmail.com
Wed May 8 21:17:04 PDT 2013

On 05/09/2013 05:42 AM, Dragomir Ivanov wrote:
> Hmm, Vadim... it works indeed. I can't push up to Ultra, but I see the
> difference as on your screenshots.
> Interestingly when I play it on win with catalyst, everything is WOW, on
> r600g is Meh...
> Unfortunately I erased windows, so I can't supply screenshot, but
> subjectively it was way more beautiful on the same graphics level.

IIRC Doom3 tries to autodetect some settings and I guess there are
differences in the game configuration with different drivers. Possibly
some settings are misdetected with r600g, in this case I guess running
it with the configuration file created for catalyst might help.

Also you might want to check game's console output for any hints, e.g.
like this:

guessing video ram ( use +set sys_videoRam to force ) ..
guess failed, return default low-end VRAM setting ( 64MB VRAM )

Though I don't see this message with 64-bit port, looks like detection
logic was changed there.

Vadim