[Mesa-dev] [RFC 0/2] freedreno: adding adreno a3xx support

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu May 23 13:30:53 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: Rob Clark <robclark at freedesktop.org>
>>
>> Currently, es2gears, ioquake, xonotic, compiz, etc. work.  The
>> shader compiler is quite sub-optimal, but despite that most things
>> seem to be ~2-3x faster compared (and at higher resolution) with
>> the a320 on my nexus4 compared to a220 on my HP touchpad.
>>
>> Since the patches will probably bounce due to size, you can find
>> them on my github tree:
>>
>>   https://github.com/freedreno/mesa/tree/a3xx-rfc
>>   git://github.com/freedreno/mesa.git a3xx-rfc
>>
>> The first patch is mostly just shuffling things around.  The second
>> patch is what actually adds a3xx support.
>>
>> Rob Clark (2):
>>   RFC: freedreno: prepare for a3xx
>>   RFC: freedreno: add a3xx support
>
> Might want to fix the subjects to not include the 'RFC: ' before pushing.

Yup.. not quite ready to push yet, still a couple things to debug and
working out the XA support for xf86-video-freedreno (since newer
devices drop the 2d core again).. but I figured it was far enough
along to start getting review comments.

re: PIC_FLAGS, feel free to push a commit to remove that if you want,
or otherwise I can.  That is an unrelated change anyways, and no need
to wait for $(PIC_FLAGS) isn't used for anything anymore

BR,
-R