[Mesa-dev] Intel DRM API Reference?

Rogovin, Kevin kevin.rogovin at intel.com
Fri Nov 1 02:34:38 PDT 2013

Hi all,

  I've been digging through Mesa's i965 and am at the point that I likely need to atleast know what is the API for the intel_drm calls. Chasing the code in DRM sources for each of the calls leaves me with essentially a function pointer chase which then lands me with an ioctl call. The ioctl call then leaves me with the option of then essentially reading kernel sources. I don't think going that far is going to be a good idea.

 At any rate, is there a reference of the calls, just the equivalent to some simple doxytags specifying the inputs, outputs and side effects? For example what does and what are the differences between each of:

  drm_intel_bo_exec
  drm_intel_bo_mrb_exec
  drm_intel_gem_bo_context_exec

what are the meaning of each of those arguments? Worse, what are clip rectangles doing in such calls? The code I have read in Mesa sets the field as NULL and the num_cliprects as 0, but... not knowing what an argument means makes me itchy.

Best Regards,
 -Kevin