[Mesa-dev] 9.2.2 OSMesa classic 80 new regressions in VTK

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 09:26:17 PST 2013

On 11/05/2013 09:42 AM, Ian Romanick wrote:
> On 11/05/2013 09:32 AM, burlen wrote:
>> Upgrading from 9.2.0 to 9.2.2 with OSMesa classic I'm seeing 80 new
>> regressions in VTK.
>> http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=3087854
>> click "Failed" to see an image diff. Maybe related to line rendering?
>> Any chance a mesa developer could investigate?
> Can you bisect?
OK, by git bisect I've noticed that this isn't a regression in between
9.2 and 9.2.2! The problem is because in my latest dashboard builds I'm
using

    --with-osmesa-bits=32

which is how I usually deploy osmesa because we zbuffer precision issues
in the past. Removing this option this tests all pass again.

Unfortunately I don't know how long this option has been a problem since
the few VTK dashboards that test Mesa have never as far as I know built
withh 32 bits. :-(

does this help you guys at all?