[Mesa-dev] _CurrentFragmentProgram vs CurrentFragmentProgram

Rogovin, Kevin kevin.rogovin at intel.com
Tue Nov 12 04:47:45 PST 2013

Hello all,

 I see from the quasi-doxytags that CurrentFragmentProgram is for separate shader objects to point to the active fragment program for essentially glActiveShaderProgram, but what is _CurrentFragmentProgram? and for that matter, I also see that CurrentFragmentProgram and sometime _CurrentFragmentProgram is referenced in i965, but I cannot figure out the rhyme or reason in each case. I think once I know the precise role of each, I would have some understanding of which to use and when.

Also,  the tag indicates that either each of CurrentVertexProgram, CurrentGeometryProgram and CurrentFragmentProgram "must point to NULL or the same program", must that same program be given by ActiveProgram? or can it be anything, also what is the requirement for _CurrentFragmentProgram ?

Cheers,
 -Kevin