[Mesa-dev] About PixelSync (fragment_shader_ordering) support in Mesa..

oscar barenys rtfss1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 10:58:46 PST 2013

Hi
last month Intel released an OpenGL driver and spec (
http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/INTEL/fragment_shader_ordering.txt) of
PixelSync for OpenGL..
I didn't say much of suggesting a Mesa implementation since the ext
requires ARB_shader_image_load_store..
As recently seems Francisco Jerez "Curro" is working on enabling support
for this extension on Mesa would be nice seems not much additional work
once image_load_store is implemented ( has new function
beginFragmentShaderOrderingINTEL())
seems this is Haswell gen7.5 only and I remember at
https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation
I can only find IVB docs can someone at Intel point the issue that 2013
graphics (gen 7.5) docs are
 missing..
And finally another question since Mesa has broadwell support why also not
Intel posts 2014 HW docs (gen8?) so people outside intel can contribute to
broadwell support (make sense?)
would also be nice also if Intel Mesa team is interested on implementing
INTEL_map_texture also another Intel OGL Win driver extension..
Thanks.