[Mesa-dev] gallium clear and depth mask clarification

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Thu Oct 3 04:21:35 PDT 2013

I believe depth clears should not be affected by pipe_depth_state::writemask.

I suspect that the only reason depth mask is not explicitly enable is because it is a boolean, unlike color/stencil write mask which are proper bitmasks.

Therefore there is no additional information in depth write mask than what's already expressed by the PIPE_CLEAR_DEPTH bit.

Jose