[Mesa-dev] Patch for include/GL/gl.h

Baptist BENOIST return_0 at live.com
Wed Oct 16 21:19:04 CEST 2013

Hello,

You can find attached a patch to apply on the include/GL/gl.h file.

This patch aims to fix a build issue with GCC when using the -DGL_GLEXT_LEGACY, -Werror and -Wundef flags. I have remarked the problem with Qt 5.1.1 (which I am packaging for NixOS) but it will occur on any build which combines these three flags.

To clarify things:

-Wundef tells the compiler to warn on any use of an undefined definition (#define THE_DEFINITION).
-Werror tells the compiler to transform any warning as an error.

With these options, you cannot do:

#if THE_DEFINITION

when THE_DEFINITION has not been previously defined.

You must do:

#if defined(THE_DEFINITION) && THE_DEFINITION

Feel free to ask me anything about this ;-)

Regards,

Baptist