[Mesa-dev] Fix crashes with static LLVM

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Wed Oct 23 22:26:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

The attached patches introduce linker scripts to the pipe-loader and
egl-static targets.  The linker scripts prevents these targets from
exporting LLVM (and other) symbols that they shouldn't be.  This fixes
several crashes in the radeon drivers when statically linking LLVM.

With these patches: clover, glamor, and the egl demos from the mesa-demo repo all
work for me with statically linked LLVM, but I would like to get confirmation that
this works for other people too, so if you care about these use cases, please test
and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Tom