[Mesa-dev] Batch buffer sizes, flushing questions

Abdiel Janulgue abdiel.janulgue at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 31 13:31:21 CET 2013

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 09:22:23 AM Rogovin, Kevin wrote:

> but I do not quite follow the second upload; what
> is the magicks going on with batch->state_batch_offset and for that matter
> batch->bo->size ??

This is stack and heap model for batchbuffer submission. Direct state, which
is usually composed of the commands, is allocated at the beginning and
indirect (dynamic) state data is allocated from the end of the batchbuffer.
The batch->state_batch_offset is the start location of the indirect state data

-Abdiel